Thanks to Sheila from my ink impressions who tagged me for this!
Here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Name 11 fun facts about yourself.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
My answers to the questions given to me:
- Would you rather want the ability to communicate with plants or animals? Plants. The oldest tree in the world is over 4,700 years old. Think of the stories it has.
- How do you start your day? With a cup of coffee.
- What is your favourite scent? Coffee again! Or my kid’s hair.
- What is a piece of furniture you would like to make? Maybe a nice chair. Because chairs can be fckn awesome.
- What are you most likely to be famous for? Let it be said that I tried.
- What movie title best describes your life? True Grit. Chos! Baka Young Adult.
- Explain the story behind one of your scars or tattoos. I have a longish faded scar on one leg. I got it by falling, in the most dramatic fashion, down a flight of stairs.
- What’s the most interesting place you have ever been to? Too many, each place has its magic.
- What is something you learned last week? I learned about foxing, and how humidity contributes to it. That made me sad. (In Singapore, you can’t escape the humidity.) Also, the sudden loss of someone so young always hits deep even if you don’t know him from Adam.
- What is the most memorable gift you’ve ever received? A scrapbook for my birthday from my then-boyfriend, now the Hub.
- Do you have a favourite post? Please share it. I wrote about our neighbourhood library.
11 “fun” facts about me:
- I can wiggle my ears.
- I’m a fan of Wes Anderson, Edgar Wright, Quentin Tarantino, and Christopher Nolan films. (Hands up who’s watching Tenet this weekend?)
- I love listening to music a lot too. I sometimes pretend my life has a soundtrack.
- My favourite Pinoy dish is lengua estofado, favourite Singaporean dish is bak chor mee.
- I named my kid after one of my favourite video game characters.
- I like horror. A lot. But I scare easily. 😅
- My longest celebrity crush is Keanu Reeves. Ever since seeing him in Paula Abdul’s music video for “Rush, Rush.” Ayayay.
- My top three most re-watched movies are: When Harry Met Sally, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring, and Pride & Prejudice (2005 version).
- I like a lot of authors, but Haruki Murakami, Jeanette Winterson, and Roald Dahl are old favourites.
- I once “stole” a book from a school library.
- I’ve been mugged only once in my life — and it was in London (not the Philippines!).
The slam book format is fun, but it was a struggle to get to 11 (not to mention folks might already have answered stuff like this before). So, no pressure, answer the following questions only if you feel like it. 😊
- A Pinay in the French Riviera
- Brilliant Viewpoint
- Eva Harmoni
- Leah Ranada
- Mikki Bihon
- Millennial O.F.W.
- Pinoy Swiss Abroad
- The Good Enough Mama
11 questions for you:
- What are the top three movies that you like to re-watch?
- If you could eat one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you can speak to any person in the world (living or deceased), who would he/she be?
- If you could choose one movie director to “direct” your life, who would that director be?
- Are you a cat or dog person?
- What makes you happy?
- What do you wish more people understood?
- Name your #1 pet peeve?
- What’s your favourite movie to quote?
- If you had a superpower what would it be?
- Do you have a favourite post? Please share it.