Salamat Mr. A from A Barbarian in Gentlemen’s Clothing and Mikki from Mikki Bihon for the back-to-back nominations! Coming up with answers for these things is fun, but isn’t easy. 😅 If you’re looking for good, honest blogs to read, I’ve just named two. You’re welcome.
If you’re interested, here’s the earlier Liebster Award post I wrote sticking to the rules. Because I went through all the motions mere days ago, this time around I’ll just answer the new questions.
All in good fun!
Questions from Mr. A:
- Age, Height, and Weight? Old enough to remember what life was like without the internet, tall enough to reach the top shelf, and heavy enough to break bones.
- Have you ever borrowed a small amount of money and forgot to return it? No. a) I don’t really feel comfortable borrowing money so b) in the rare cases I do, I make it a point to return it as soon as I can.
- What is your most controversial opinion and why do you believe them? I don’t like being preggers. I love the end product though.
- Wearing a suit without a tie, yay or nay? Tell me why? Totally yay. Exhibit A.
- What blue-collar trade do you think is underappreciated? Why should people pay more attention to it? Construction workers and farmers. These are the people who’ll survive a zombie apocalypse.
- Why should every man be strong? Referring to the full spectrum of strength — physical, emotional, mental, spiritual — these are ideals for everyone, not just a particular gender. For fathers in particular and to paraphrase John Mayer, be strong for your kids. You’re modelling behaviour.
- Mind sharing cheap stay-at-home date ideas? A homemade sous vide steak (finished off with a sear on both sides in a hot skillet), a good bottle of wine, and Netflix is good enough for us.
- What hobbies would you suggest for men? Read. Smart is the new sexy.
- What outfit (or lingerie) does your significant other find insatiable? Birthday suits always work. For him, pwede na rin sa akin yung uniform nina Michael V sa Yabang o Panget, hahaha.
- Tell us about you, why should people follow you and read what you have to say? What do you think sets you apart from the rest? Hmm, I think everyone has a really good story to tell if we only take the time to listen. My approach to blogging has always been to write with a person in mind and treat the post as I would a conversation with a friend. Of course, the lens with which I view the world is as a Filipina OFW mom. If that interests you, my blog’s door is open and you’re welcome to stay if you like.
- Tell me what you think about me, what is your impression of me and my work? Like a neat glass of whiskey. 😊 If you can, do read about Mr. A’s ongoing fundraiser to save his mom’s house here.
Questions from Mikki:
- If you can blog about something that no one can ever read, what would it be? Probably my bout with new mom blues.
- What would have been your job if not for your current one? I play this game with myself all the time. 😁 Recently, I’ve daydreamed about being a sociologist or a librarian.
- Seeing how the pandemic has affected everyone in the world, would you consider migrating to another country? I’m staying put. But if I had to leave, maybe NZ. Jacinda Ardern has been so impressive throughout this ongoing crisis.
- What do you think would have kept you preoccupied if there was no coronavirus? Work. Haha. Vacation planning, hopefully.
- What skills would you love to learn? How to fry calamari a perfect, crispy golden brown.
- If you can forget someone in your life, who would it be and why? Maybe the Hub, so I get to relive the thrill of knowing him afresh à la 50 First Dates. Binabasa n’ya ‘to so charot lang haha. Hi boo ❤️
- If you can change one person today, who would it be and why? Certain Filipino leaders come to mind. The reasons are self-explanatory.
- If you die now, would you like to have another shot to live? Yes, absolutely. If so, would you like to continue living as yourself, or live as a new person? If I get to retain all my current memories, as myself would be great. Parang About Time, one of my favourite rom-coms.
- What is your idea of afterlife? A huge library with the world’s knowledge to immerse myself in, endless time to spend with loved ones, and zero responsibilities.
- If you can talk to anyone in the past, who would it be and what would you tell them? Both sets of grandparents, who passed away relatively early in my life. I never really got to know them. I want to listen to their stories in their own voice.
- Name a song that best fits your life so far. Vienna, by Billy Joel.